Pathways To Recovery
Community Support Meeting
There are multiple support groups and meetings around Medicine Hat, but not one like this. The mission behind this meeting is to open the door to anyone who is impacted by addiction. People struggling with addiction, parents, spouses, or friends of. An atmosphere of support and a lens of recovery will be fostered by the presence of at least two OCJ Recovery Coaches. This solution-focused meeting gathers weekly at the Medicine Hat Public Library to support anyone who attends. Coaches are there not to facilitate a program, but rather to keep ensure there is always a welcoming and solution themed atmosphere.
This meeting is for anyone who:
- is in recovery themselves
- supports someone impacted by addiction (parent, spouse, friend…)
- lost someone to addiction
- wants to know more about the disease of addiction
Requirements to attend:
- Although it is not an anonymous meeting, we ask that no identifying details of someone’s journey is shared outside the meeting room unless you have consent from them.
- If you are in attendance and under the influence of substances, we ask you to remain respectful and non-disruptive. You might be asked to leave if these requests cannot be met.
- Have an open mind to multiple pathways to recovery. There is not just one thing that works!
If you have any questions regarding this meeting, please contact OCJ Director of Programming – Ryan Oscar at 403-800-1191 ext.2 or email him at email@example.com.